POSITION SUMMARY: The Coding Manager assists in planning, organizing, leading, and controlling the activities and functions of Medical Records to effectively provide services for the financial and medical needs of the hospital. Manager is responsible for the accurate coding of all inpatient, and outpatient services, procedures, diagnoses and conditions, working from the appropriate documentation in the medical record. Classification systems include ICD-10-CM, CPT, Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) as well as other specialty systems as required by diagnostic category. All work is carried out in accordance with the rules, regulations and coding conventions of the American Hospital Association (Coding Clinic), ICD-10, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and organizational/institutional coding guidelines.
Must have at least five (5) years Management of hospital medical records, including inpatient and outpatient coding team. Must be able to handle Coding Denials and Appeals Letters Demonstrated ability to understand the clinical content of a health record, including the most complicated records. Must also be able to communicate with physicians in order to clarify diagnoses/procedures and sequencing of diagnoses. Must be able to communicate with HIM Staff and ensure proper guidelines are followed. Ability to demonstrate knowledge of and utilize auditing skills related to coding quality and compliance.
Other Requirements: • Remote Workstation.
• Standard Window PC
• Internet Access with DSL or Cable.
• VPN compatibility.
• Microsoft Office/Word, Excel, Power Point.
• Remote location often working from a home office base.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Must be AHIMA or AAPC certified and hold one or more of the following certifications: RHIA, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P, CPC-H. • Must have a minimum of 5 years of coding experience.
• Successful completion of required ICD-10 training prior to start date.
EDUCATION/LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA). Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS).
MedPartners HIM Quick Facts: • Ranked as a "Best Staffing Firms to Work for in 2017" by Staffing Industry Analyst
• Winner of Inavero's 2016 Best of Staffing Talent Diamond Award
• 6th Year Diamond selection to the "Best of Staffing Talent List" by CareerBuilder and Inavero
• Selected to the prestigious "Best of Staffing Client List" by CareerBuilder and Inavero
• "Best Places to Work for Millenials" winner
• Ranked among the 2017 Largest Staffing and Talent Engagement Firms in the US by Staffing Industry Analysts.
• Listed among "2017 Largest Healthcare Staffing Firms in the U.S.", by SIA.
• Made Staffing Industry Analyst's "2017 Largest Allied Healthcare Staffing Firms in the U.S.".
• Announced in SIA's, "2017 Fastest-Growing Staffing Firms in the U.S." listing.
• Recognized as an AHIMA Gold Business Partner and AHIMA Educational Partners
MedPartners HIM offers a full benefits package, including; PTO, Medical, Dental, Life and Long/Short term disability Insurance, Association Dues Paid, Educational Benefits and a Personal Improvement Benefit. Contact us to learn about our Bonus programs