Outpatient Ancillary/ED Charge Coder
Under indirect supervision, is responsible for accurate coding and Charging Emergency Room visits including Evaluation and Management (E&M), injection & Infusions, procedures, diagnoses and conditions, working from the appropriate documentation in the medical record. Classification systems include ICD-10, CPT, Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) as well as other specialty systems as required by diagnostic category and facility Reimbursement guidelines. All work is carried out in accordance with the rules, regulations and coding conventions of the American Hospital Association (Coding Clinic), ICD-10, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development and organizational/institutional coding guidelines.
Responsibilities and duties include and are not limited to:
• Maintains a working knowledge of ICD-10, E&M, CPT, coding principles, governmental regulations, official coding guidelines, and third party requirements regarding documentation and billing. • Assures that all services documented in the patient's chart are coded with appropriate ICD-10 and CPT codes. When services/diagnoses are not documented appropriately, seeks to attain proper documentation in a timely manner according to facility standards.
• Ability to maintain average productivity standards.
• Works the review queue on a daily basis to ensure all charts that are placed in the review queue are worked and any corrections are communicated to the facility if necessary.
• The coder is responsible for coding or pending every chart placed in their queue.
• Coders must maintain their current professional credentials.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS • Remote Workstation.
• Standard Window PC
• Internet Access with DSL or Cable.
• VPN compatibility.
• Microsoft Office/Word, Excel, Power Point.
• Remote location often working from a home office base.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Must be AHIMA or AAPC certified and hold one or more of the following certifications: RHIA, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P, CPC, CPC-H. • Must have a minimum of 3 years of coding experience. Both inpatient experience preferred.
• Successful completion of required ICD-10 training prior to start date.
MedPartners HIM Quick Facts:
• Ranked as a "Best Staffing Firms to Work for in 2016" by Staffing Industry Analyst
• Winner of Inavero's 2016 Best of Staffing Talent Diamond Award
• 5th Year Diamond selection to the "Best of Staffing Talent List" by CareerBuilder and Inavero
• Selected to the prestigious "Best of Staffing Client List" by CareerBuilder and Inavero
• "Best Places to Work for Millenials" winner
• Ranked among the 2015 Largest Staffing and Talent Engagement Firms in the US by Staffing Industry Analysts.
• Listed among "2015 Largest Healthcare Staffing Firms in the U.S.", by SIA.
• Made Staffing Industry Analyst's "2015 Largest Allied Healthcare Staffing Firms in the U.S.".
• Announced in SIA's, "2015 Fastest-Growing Staffing Firms in the U.S." listing.
• Recognized as an AHIMA Gold Business Partner and AHIMA Educational Partners
MedPartners HIM offers a full benefits package, including; PTO, Medical, Dental, Life and Long/Short term disability Insurance, Association Dues Paid, Educational Benefits and a Personal Improvement Benefit. Contact us to learn about our Bonus programs